JB in Aladdin, Panto in Glasgow 2010-11

TV, Radio & Stage Concerts, Pantomimes and other MT roles
aresnz

Re: JB in Aladdin, Panto in Glasgow 2010-11

Post by aresnz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:06 pm

In one interview John let it slip that he, Carole and Matt were working on a musical Christmas show. That could be his panto for the next year. I think he'll have more control over this one. Yes, he's signed for 5 more years of panto but perhaps not consecutive with this company. (if that makes any sense) As many are saying, we'll have to be patient and see what happens.
Lori

kate

Post by kate » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:43 pm

your right that the chrismas show hes working on is possible .some of the bigger theatres have put on christmas musicals insted of pantos ,i know that cardiff and mayflower in southampon have done that in recent years

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:51 pm

From some tweets I've seen, John still isn't 100% but even when he's not at 100% he's still perfection. :D Ain't that the truth. :hug: :dog:
Lori

kate

Post by kate » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:40 pm

maybe the warmer weather in la will make him feel better :D

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 am

There's a vid of Greg on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El3-nCu-WDI

kate

Post by kate » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:14 am

greg sounds great :)

Anita07

Post by Anita07 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:05 pm

This is a copy of my review sent to the yahoo group:

Final panto performances

Hi

So happy I made it to the SECC yesterday to see John's final performances as my whole weekend had turned into a disaster upto yesterday.

I was in hospital three weeks ago for an operation and I'm meant to take it easy for six weeks, so my husband decided to drive me to Scotland instead of me travelling by myself. We are time share holiday members and there is resort just over an hour away from Glasgow, thought it would be a good opportunity to book a weekend break and spend some time together just me and him, no kids!

We were planning to leave Friday morning but had to delay the travelling time to take my younger daughter for an emergency dentist appointment. Ended up leaving my house early afternoon time, leaving my mum and eldest daughter in charge for the weekend. Snow hit Scotland at around 7 pm I think, we used the route from Sat Nav, wrong choice! It was a tourist route with many winding roads - no way some of the roads class as an A road, more like a B road, anyway definately not suitable for snowy weather. The car slid a couple of times and we arrived at the resort at about 9pm. The resort put us in a lodge at the bottom of the hill, lodge no. 13. Due to the snow friday night, we were snow bound and couldn't make it to see the show on Saturday night, so upset totally devasted. Luckily because they had rain saturday night and sunshine the next morning, managed to see John's performances yesterday.

The shows were absolutely fantastic. It was my first time to see John in Aladdin and he gave his 150% eventhough you can tell he's not fully recovered from his illness. The rest of the cast were brilliant too, love the crankies. My husband got to see the evening show and throuhgly enjoyed himself thanks to Julie to offer me her ticket, (BTW he's not a JB fan but a very understanding husband who never interferes my JB adventures) :) He said its a hobby and everyone should have a hobby. It was also really nice to see so many list members and I am sorry for the ones I didn't manage to say hello to as there were just so many people there yesterday.

So sad that everything has come to an end for a while now and I look forward to see everyone again at the next adventure.

Anita

Snow

Post by Snow » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:50 am

Anita07 wrote:This is a copy of my review sent to the yahoo group:

Final panto performances

Hi

So happy I made it to the SECC yesterday to see John's final performances as my whole weekend had turned into a disaster upto yesterday.

I was in hospital three weeks ago for an operation and I'm meant to take it easy for six weeks, so my husband decided to drive me to Scotland instead of me travelling by myself. We are time share holiday members and there is resort just over an hour away from Glasgow, thought it would be a good opportunity to book a weekend break and spend some time together just me and him, no kids!

We were planning to leave Friday morning but had to delay the travelling time to take my younger daughter for an emergency dentist appointment. Ended up leaving my house early afternoon time, leaving my mum and eldest daughter in charge for the weekend. Snow hit Scotland at around 7 pm I think, we used the route from Sat Nav, wrong choice! It was a tourist route with many winding roads - no way some of the roads class as an A road, more like a B road, anyway definately not suitable for snowy weather. The car slid a couple of times and we arrived at the resort at about 9pm. The resort put us in a lodge at the bottom of the hill, lodge no. 13. Due to the snow friday night, we were snow bound and couldn't make it to see the show on Saturday night, so upset totally devasted.
eep! :shock:
Luckily because they had rain saturday night and sunshine the next morning, managed to see John's performances yesterday.
hooray! :D
The shows were absolutely fantastic. It was my first time to see John in Aladdin and he gave his 150% eventhough you can tell he's not fully recovered from his illness. The rest of the cast were brilliant too, love the crankies. My husband got to see the evening show and throuhgly enjoyed himself thanks to Julie to offer me her ticket, (BTW he's not a JB fan but a very understanding husband who never interferes my JB adventures) :) He said its a hobby and everyone should have a hobby. It was also really nice to see so many list members and I am sorry for the ones I didn't manage to say hello to as there were just so many people there yesterday.
Thanks for the report :D
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:40 am

Great report Anita. Main thing is you saw John in Panto. :D :clap:
Lori

Anita07

Post by Anita07 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:23 am

aresnz wrote:Great report Anita. Main thing is you saw John in Panto. :D :clap:
Just think I would have been totally devastated to drive 350 miles to Glasgow and not manage to see him.

Anita