Avatars

Updates and other information about the forum
User avatar
Snow
Posts: 3901
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am
Location: Yorkshire

Avatars

Post by Snow » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:01 pm

I'm hoping to have some avatars avilable on the forum soon in the avatar gallery.

In the meantime, it is possible to upload one if you want to or link to one from an image hosting site :). You can do either of these things in your profle settings (on the User Control Panel).
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

User avatar
aresnz
Posts: 2328
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Avatars

Post by aresnz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Snow, I was trying to use another icon as my avatar but I'm getting info it's not right size. Yet it is an icon .. small. How do I change this? Remember, I'm very techno challenged. :(
Lori

cazsyl
Site Admin
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:07 pm

Re: Avatars

Post by cazsyl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi Lori,

the forum has limits on the size of the avatars as in measurements but also in file size.

If you want to post the picture in this thread I'll take a look for you tomorrow.

cazsyl

User avatar
aresnz
Posts: 2328
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Avatars

Post by aresnz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 am

I said I'm techno challenged...How do I get the picture in the thread? (you can scream now or later..or even during)
Lori

User avatar
gisyl
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Avatars

Post by gisyl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:53 am

Is there a restriction on what is on the avatar?
I mean,we all know Torchwood as given us some lovely screencaps from John`s naked bum and some even know how to make a avatar of that black/white scene?
Who knows what we get with serie 4 and other.

I`m asking because on another site I got a warning because I got an avatar of John`s naked bum,despite that I said it was made from a screencap :roll:
Credit to 10_rose for my avatar.

User avatar
Snow
Posts: 3901
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Avatars

Post by Snow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 am

gisyl wrote:Is there a restriction on what is on the avatar?
I mean,we all know Torchwood as given us some lovely screencaps from John`s naked bum and some even know how to make a avatar of that black/white scene?
Who knows what we get with serie 4 and other.

I`m asking because on another site I got a warning because I got an avatar of John`s naked bum,despite that I said it was made from a screencap :roll:
good point.

i'll say...

no naked bum avatars. no X-rated avatars for that matter either.

clothed bum avatars, that's fine :)
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

User avatar
gisyl
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: Avatars

Post by gisyl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:20 am

Thanks for answering!

I`ll shall look for a clothed bum then ;)
Credit to 10_rose for my avatar.

sspaz1000
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Avatars

Post by sspaz1000 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:51 pm

aresnz wrote:I said I'm techno challenged...How do I get the picture in the thread? (you can scream now or later..or even during)
Lori,

The photo has to be uploaded to a website, and then in the reply section at the top you'll see a little button that says Img. The code for inserting the image into the thread shows up. Then you can stick the link to the picture between the two sections of code and it should appear.

Or you know my email. email it to me and I'll upload it here for you :)


Nicole

User avatar
aresnz
Posts: 2328
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Avatars

Post by aresnz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:24 pm

sspaz1000 wrote:
aresnz wrote:I said I'm techno challenged...How do I get the picture in the thread? (you can scream now or later..or even during)
Lori,

The photo has to be uploaded to a website, and then in the reply section at the top you'll see a little button that says Img. The code for inserting the image into the thread shows up. Then you can stick the link to the picture between the two sections of code and it should appear.

Or you know my email. email it to me and I'll upload it here for you :)


Nicole

Thanks Nicole. Much appreciated. :)
Lori

User avatar
Snow
Posts: 3901
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Avatars

Post by Snow » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:40 pm

there are now some JB avatars available in the forum avatar gallery if people wish to use them. :)

(i'll be uploading some more soon too)

you can choose an avatar by going to User Control Panel > Profile > Edit avatar

in the edit avatar page click on 'display gallery' and it'll show you the ones you can pick from. :)

then just select one by clicking on the little circle underneath it and skim down to the bottom of the page and click 'submit'.

if anyone is a bit puzzled with the above instruction then just ask. (i can do a guide with screenshots if need be :))
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

Post Reply