Quesion on the JB Concert DVD's

Got a question you need answering? Maybe we can help....
KatieQ

Quesion on the JB Concert DVD's

Post by KatieQ » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:34 am

Okay so I have question bout the JB concert DVD's - what is the Collector's Edition one? Is it 'An Evening with John Barrowman' and 'Live at the Royal Albert Hall' combined or something completely different? Trying to decided which one to order...

Thanks. :)
"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet." - Plato

Snow

Re: Quesion on the JB Concert DVD's

Post by Snow » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:06 am

KatieQ wrote:Okay so I have question bout the JB concert DVD's - what is the Collector's Edition one? Is it 'An Evening with John Barrowman' and 'Live at the Royal Albert Hall' combined or something completely different? Trying to decided which one to order...

Thanks. :)
if you mean this one in this link

then as far as i know, it's a box set with the titles you listed above. as an extra incentive to buy it (as most likely people have already bought the tour DVD last year and if they buy this they are effectively buying it again) there is an "exclusive personal booklet of John's musical inspirations and private photo gallery." This booklet will only be available with this DVD box set as far as i am aware.
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

KatieQ

Post by KatieQ » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:41 am

Snow wrote:
if you mean this one in this link

then as far as i know, it's a box set with the titles you listed above. as an extra incentive to buy it (as most likely people have already bought the tour DVD last year and if they buy this they are effectively buying it again) there is an "exclusive personal booklet of John's musical inspirations and private photo gallery." This booklet will only be available with this DVD box set as far as i am aware.
Did mean that one. Okay, so it's basically the 2009 dvd with the 2010 concert that is being filmed this time round? So better value to just buy this one then? Getting it into Australia is expensive (in shipping and the pound is so much stronger then the AUD) so want to make sure I get the best value.

That helps in explaining it, so thanks. :)
"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet." - Plato

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:58 am

KatieQ wrote: Did mean that one. Okay, so it's basically the 2009 dvd with the 2010 concert that is being filmed this time round? So better value to just buy this one then? Getting it into Australia is expensive (in shipping and the pound is so much stronger then the AUD) so want to make sure I get the best value.
yes, i consider this best value for money if being shipped to Australia. :) Both concerts in one box has got to be cheaper than to ship that 2 separate boxes!

(i take it your buying the right region/format DVD version for Australia, you know about that right? :)).
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

KatieQ

Post by KatieQ » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Snow wrote:
yes, i consider this best value for money if being shipped to Australia. :) Both concerts in one box has got to be cheaper than to ship that 2 separate boxes!

(i take it your buying the right region/format DVD version for Australia, you know about that right? :)).
That was my thought. Two for one, save on shipping. Made up my mind now.

Remember reading something from Team Barrowman bout it being Region free, but ordering PAL so even if it's region 2, will still play on my dvd player. :) Got the region/format codes pretty good now, ordered a bit from the BBC so learnt. Thanks for checking.