Big question

Got a question you need answering? Maybe we can help....
sarahjb

Big question

Post by sarahjb » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Where on Earth has everyone gone? It used to be so busy in here. I know tbat I've not been around for a while but it is like a ghost town.

rheidol

Re: Big question

Post by rheidol » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:18 am

Hello!! Still here... :)

I've been finding that the conventional forums are all getting a lot quieter - think that (possibly the younger?) Internet users are gravitating more towards short-form things - I only use Twitter out of those, but there are so many possibilities now, most of which I probably don't even know about... :oops:

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:57 am

rheidol wrote:Hello!! Still here... :)

I've been finding that the conventional forums are all getting a lot quieter - think that (possibly the younger?) Internet users are gravitating more towards short-form things - I only use Twitter out of those, but there are so many possibilities now, most of which I probably don't even know about... :oops:
Yeah, I, too, have the feeling most people are talking via Twitter and Facebook and Instagram those days. As for me there is not much to talk about regarding John in the moment. I don't like all those superhero shows which are currently floating tv and stopped to watch Arrow long ago. And I'm too far away toa ttent any convention he is visiting ot the Panto. I so wish he would do a new Album, na matter what kind. Didn't he promise us a Christmas one years ago?

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 pm

rheidol wrote:Hello!! Still here... :)

yeah, forums are a dying interface as people are using other things. I'm still astonished JB.com still uses Yahoo Groups, I mean, WHO uses that anymore? if you think forums are old, geez ;) :).

anyhow, I still keep this place updated when I can, usually with screencaps as I can't always keep up with his conventions etc. I know not many people still come, and I've come to terms with that, it's how things are. I can't bribe people to come, I've got my fingers on Tumblr but I just don't have time to learn the new things, and I'd just end up posting the same old stuff, which is fun for a bit but then it gets tired.

it was fun for a decade though :)

JBs 50th birthday thread to get going so i'll muse on this later.
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness