Hub 7

Sally

Re: Hub 7

Post by Sally » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:54 pm

tina wrote:John is only going to be attending on the Sunday.
Yes, that's what his announcement said though that's not really clear on the Massive Events site.

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:09 pm

I can guarantee the queue for John's signature will be out the door. Hope all who want a ticket are successful. This is right after his tour isn't it?
Lori

kate

Post by kate » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:21 pm

yup,its weekend after it ends i think

Astra

Post by Astra » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:26 pm

I just went ahead and bought a Silver ticket. So, I'm going!
Anita07 wrote:I have not been to any of the previous hubs due to the cost, but have been to the London Collectermania couple years ago, as it was a lot cheaper. I would love to know exactly how much the ticket costs. I am only there for one person in particular, if anything happen nearer the time and John have to pull out that's a lot of money to loose. Well that's just my own personal thought and I rather use the money for extra concert venue ticket.

Anita
You can see the ticket prices and what's included here:

http://massiveevents.co.uk/hub7/

I went for Silver as it has all the autographs and photographs included, but you also could buy a Standard ticket which is cheaper and then only pay for the John picture. But with Silver you sit nearer at the stage.
Funny pictures with Torchwood and Doctor Who action figures at: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

mkillo

Post by mkillo » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 pm

I've been to many of the previous Hub conventions, and have always enjoyed them. But then I don't go just because of one guest, as there's always a possibility that the guest will pull out (because work, illness, or other reasons). If you are only going because of one guest, and don't mind being farther back for the talks, then wait til nearer the time to book (although it's not unheard of for guests to pull out the day before or even on the day if there is a sudden illness or family emergency!)

Academia4me

Post by Academia4me » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:38 pm

I may go, but will wait until nearer the time to book (in case any other JB events come up which I'd prefer to attend). I'll only book standard if I do go, as I have been lucky enough to chat with John/get autos/photos etc before, and I can't see the point of queing up again (especially when I got the previous autos/photos for free!). So, I'm only interested in John's talk(s) - and I'm not sure if that's enough to fork out the cash for, especially as it's slap bang in the middle of concert and panto season...

shirochan

Post by shirochan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 am

They announced their latest guest for The Hub7. JOSEPH LIDSTER who wrote the Series Two television story "A Day In The Death", the first of the Torchwood radio plays, "Lost Souls"

sam606

Post by sam606 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm happy to listen to Joseph Lidster but in terms of writers i'd love to meet James Goss. I've enjoyed all of his stories (books and plays)

GoldenShimmer

Post by GoldenShimmer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm all booked up to go to this. This will be my first convention & I'm really excited! :D

Astra

Post by Astra » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:22 pm

I will be there as well!
Funny pictures with Torchwood and Doctor Who action figures at: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/