A song for Christmas 94

John Barrowman singing on the TV!
rheidol

Re: A song for Christmas 94

Post by rheidol » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm

It's funny how he looks less 'dated' than quite a lot of the folk singing around him...it IS retro-hair on him, too, but somehow not as outmoded as some of the others look....

(And those jeans ain't gonna grow old.... ;) )

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Snow wrote:i got that somewhere if i remember rightly. might upload it to the hub if people want to nab it....
Oh yes, please. can't remember that I've ever seen this.

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Astra wrote:Oooh, Old Shatterhand also was my first crush as a teenager! I do live in Dresden, nearby is Radebeul where Karl May lived, and we go to the annual Karl-May-Festival every year. So much fun.
I've been at Villa Shatterhand and Bärenfett two or three times in my life (living in Thuringia it wasn't that far) and I still get my yearly fix of Karl May in Bad Segeberg. What meanwhile has less to do with Karl May himself but with some of the actors there and freins which life nearby. And no, I don't mean Erol Sander, yuk. I, of course, was complete fan of "our" Gojko Mitic.
Astra wrote:Then there is him singing "Sunset Bouleveard" at the Olivier Awards in 1994:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecvqFpkTmYw
Thanks for the link. That's one I didn't know.

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 pm

rheidol wrote:It's funny how he looks less 'dated' than quite a lot of the folk singing around him...it IS retro-hair on him, too, but somehow not as outmoded as some of the others look....

(And those jeans ain't gonna grow old.... ;) )
Just about everything looks good on John..retro or not. :p
Lori

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm

In watching a lot of those clips I'm seeing (er..hearing) how strong a voice John has. He can really out sing just about anyone vocally. His voice is so powerful. They don't call him "leather lungs" for nothing. :D
Lori

Astra

Post by Astra » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:54 pm

I actually thought it looked a bit like Captain Jack - you know, dark blue shirt, white t-shirt...
Funny pictures with Torchwood and Doctor Who action figures at: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/