Official site

JB related websites that might be useful
Astra

Re: Official site

Post by Astra » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:04 pm

ratqueen wrote: Totally agree in so many ways. I love the new lay out - easy to spot where to go to next for information on current things that John is involved in.

Like you I googled "John Barrowman" shortly after he started Torchwood. Wondered who the cute leading man was... In my element when I found out via youtube that he could sing! Sunset Boulevard is one of my all time favourites as that was one of the first things I heard him sing. Then I found the website, and the yahoo list - the rest is history :-)
My first was the concert DVD preview (from the 2009 DVD) - some songs cut together with "I am what I am" at the end, and he looked kinda different and I was all: Is that really him?!? And the next I watched was "Have you met Miss Jones" with the Marias - he came down the stairs, did this little turn, and I was lost :cloud9:

I knew Jack Harkness since 2005 when a friend showed me some episodes from Doctor Who season 1 and even pointed out that he flirted with guys (she was a slasher) - but nobody mentioned this sparkly showbiz side to me :( (to be fair, I never did much internet investigating before either, especially after DW was cancelled in Germany after the second season)

That's why I always make sure to educate people who come new into the fandom. The last one took only one day between me showing her some videos and her buying his CDs LOL
Funny pictures with Torchwood and Doctor Who action figures at: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

kate

Post by kate » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:49 am

i knew the showbiz side before the tv side ,i always been more into music than tv and i bought delovely cd /movie cos i loved theatre(tho i was fairly new to it and didnt know john at that point) and robbie williams who was also in it as soon i heard night and day i had to know more so i did google and i knew him from live and kicking anyway ,fast forward to 6 yrs later and im still here :D ,am i the only one who got into him through the singing 1st ?

Astra

Post by Astra » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:12 pm

kate wrote:am i the only one who got into him through the singing 1st ?
Don't know about here, but there is one in my German forum who has seen many musicals and therefore of course knew the name John Barrowman. She was much confused when this name showed up on the wish list for Fedcon (Germanys biggest Science-Fiction convention) - she could not wrap her head around why people wanted a musical singer there :D

I also know someone who had seen him in "The Producers" first, liked his voice and started digging (and was very relieved that he was not really blonde, as she does not like blonde guys LOL). Really interesting how different people come to be a fan!
Funny pictures with Torchwood and Doctor Who action figures at: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

kate

Post by kate » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:52 pm

i told john when i 1st met him that his singing got me into him ,he seemed surprised but happy so i think its rarer