Astra's actionfigures in action

Containing JB calendar amongst other things
Snow

Re: Astra's actionfigures in action

Post by Snow » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:31 pm

ooh, that's some excellent stuff you posted there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and I wish you a very belated happy birthday! :oops: :oops: :D
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

Astra

Post by Astra » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:20 pm

rheidol wrote:So much crossover!! 8)

And I love that you have an Obama action figure.....can't imagine having any of OUR political leaders as action figures!! :shock:
There is a Merkel Barbie apparently... I have no idea who buys that? There is also a figure of George W. Bush in uniform when he visited that battle ship or something.

The Obama doll was with me when the real president Obama visited my home-city Dresden back in 2009. We don't get such guests here often so it was quite a big celebration. And I got interviewed a lot for both TV and newspapers ;)

Snow wrote:ooh, that's some excellent stuff you posted there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

and I wish you a very belated happy birthday! :oops: :oops: :D
Thank you very much - for both things! Here's something I did today. I know it is not Torchwood or Doctor Who, but I really like it:

Infinite action figures - 12" Quantum Mechanix Kirk & Spock playing with 7" Diamond Select figures playing with 2" MegaBloks figures playing with 1" Playmates Toys figures ;)

Funny pictures with Torchwood and Doctor Who action figures at: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:12 am

:shock:

Little people with littler people with littler people....like sci-fi Russian dolls!

8)

Astra

Post by Astra » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:21 pm

My local newspaper had a very nice article about me and my figures today. Title: "Sightseeing with Captain Kirk". Of course my figures were very interested in it as well!

Funny pictures with Torchwood and Doctor Who action figures at: http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:27 am

Astra wrote:My local newspaper had a very nice article about me and my figures today. Title: "Sightseeing with Captain Kirk". Of course my figures were very interested in it as well!

That is brilliant! :D

Astra

Post by Astra » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Well, nobody can expect me to go back and change all the picture links in here. Sorry.

Last Friday Photobucket suddenly blocked all pictures that were posted on other pages and now wants 400 USD per year for it. I don't think anyone is paying this.

I see your pictures are still up Snow, may be that you are flying under the radar and only those with high traffic are attacked, or it can be you will get it a little later because you are already paying a small fee? Those with a membership can use it till next year but then it runs out too.

I will in the future use this page: https://postimg.org

Easy to use, you can create galleries and also the links for sharing on other pages are created automatically. I am changing now my Livejournal galleries, but can't do all forum posts of the past 10 years.

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:23 am

Astra wrote:Well, nobody can expect me to go back and change all the picture links in here. Sorry.

Last Friday Photobucket suddenly blocked all pictures that were posted on other pages and now wants 400 USD per year for it. I don't think anyone is paying this.

I see your pictures are still up Snow, may be that you are flying under the radar and only those with high traffic are attacked, or it can be you will get it a little later because you are already paying a small fee? Those with a membership can use it till next year but then it runs out too.

Easy to use, you can create galleries and also the links for sharing on other pages are created automatically. I am changing now my Livejournal galleries, but can't do all forum posts of the past 10 years.
What a total pain for you!! :( :thumbsdown: :x

Snow

Post by Snow » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Astra wrote:Well, nobody can expect me to go back and change all the picture links in here. Sorry.

Hi

i missed your post before now.

Saddened to see you got screwed by Photobucket. :(

Sadly i've just checked my account (as i haven't had time till now so i'm glad i saw this) and it'll cost $400 dollars a year to keep it as it is with 3rd party access (the bit that allows me to post pics on here for those that don't know). Which at the current conversion rate it £296. So well, to put it bluntly, **** that.

I'll have to revert back to the Free account, which is **** but it might limp on.

I'll find another image host that's cheaper and i'll check out postimg as you suggest.

My susbcription renews every November so i got a couple of months to get PB sorted.

I've had 11 happy years using Photobucket and i'll be sad to see it go, but that cost is way too high even though i have a tonne of JB stuff on there.

C'est la vie.
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

Astra

Post by Astra » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Yeah, they really did not think that through, did they? There was a lot of outrage in the net back in July. Also on the Photobucket Facebook page. Most people would have even been willing to pay a fee of like 50 USD per year. That would have been reasonable and they would have made more money than they do now with everyone leaving.

We think they were aiming for big companies, not the ordinary user who got screwed most. Apparently also many used it for their ebay and Amazon accounts. I know that you can upload pictures to ebay directly so I don't know why they did that. Those sellers got screwed too.

As got many forums, that for example show how to tune a car, or I also read a stamp forum where all the information is lost now. As well as on blogs, travel blogs from the past 10 years.

Some had family pictures on there and ONLY on there, which is quite stupid, and are now not even able to access and download them. Always keep a backup.

However, if you search the net and find a page you would want to read but it has those broken Photobucket images, there is apparently an extension to Google Chrome that makes these visible to you again: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... j?hl=en-US

I haven't tested it yet though as I want everyone to be able to visit my page so I am chaning all links.

Snow

Post by Snow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Astra wrote:Yeah, they really did not think that through, did they? There was a lot of outrage in the net back in July. Also on the Photobucket Facebook page. Most people would have even been willing to pay a fee of like 50 USD per year. That would have been reasonable and they would have made more money than they do now with everyone leaving.
sorry for the delay in reply, i was waiting to get a response from Photobucket as i thought i'd take a leaf out of my dads book and complain.

looks like i've benefitted from the outrage as they're currently offering the same deal as i have now as i have been with them for so very long (incl. 3rd party linking).

i've renewed on the Plus20 account i have with them, so i guess i'll know in November (when it would have originally expired) if they stay true to their word. according to them if i keep renewing that Plus20 account annually I can stay as is.
We think they were aiming for big companies, not the ordinary user who got screwed most. Apparently also many used it for their ebay and Amazon accounts. I know that you can upload pictures to ebay directly so I don't know why they did that. Those sellers got screwed too. As got many forums, that for example show how to tune a car, or I also read a stamp forum where all the information is lost now. As well as on blogs, travel blogs from the past 10 years.
:(
Some had family pictures on there and ONLY on there, which is quite stupid, and are now not even able to access and download them.
wow, i wouldn't have been that trusting of online storage. i always keep a back up. and on some stuff, back ups of the back ups.
However, if you search the net and find a page you would want to read but it has those broken Photobucket images, there is apparently an extension to Google Chrome that makes these visible to you again: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... j?hl=en-US
ta, i hope i don't have to use it though.