Kaleidoscope 'Illegal to be You' Campaign JB Appearances [R]

rheidol

Re: Kaleidoscope 'Illegal to be You' Campaign JB Appearances

Post by rheidol » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Appreciation of his hard work:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i65n1f

:)

(Ian is the friend who was staying with them last week & freeze-framing Big Brother with SG. ;) )

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:57 pm

rheidol wrote:Appreciation of his hard work:

(Ian is the friend who was staying with them last week & freeze-framing Big Brother with SG. ;) )
I'm such a dufus..never made the connection until you mentioned it. LOL
Lori

yoonzena

Post by yoonzena » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Thank you all for the links and info! As someone going through a hard time having to deal with aggressive homophobia and generally oppressive atmosphere, I find it especially inspiring and uplifting to learn that the rest of the world cares and supports us.
Also, about the LBC podcast, Sheremet did meet Elton John backstage in Kiev :-) He didn't do it on stage but Sheremet is an openly gay (and very cute :-) public figure in Ukraine, so I don't think if he'd gone on stage it would have made his life any less dangerous.

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 am

yoonzena wrote:Thank you all for the links and info! As someone going through a hard time having to deal with aggressive homophobia and generally oppressive atmosphere, I find it especially inspiring and uplifting to learn that the rest of the world cares and supports us.
Also, about the LBC podcast, Sheremet did meet Elton John backstage in Kiev :-) He didn't do it on stage but Sheremet is an openly gay (and very cute :-) public figure in Ukraine, so I don't think if he'd gone on stage it would have made his life any less dangerous.
Any support that you need - petitions, campaigns - count me in. We forget how lucky we are in this country to have decent freedom of expression & levels of tolerance of all sorts & conditions of humans, & it's so sad to hear of people still suffering unnecessarily for their essential nature.

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:47 am

rheidol wrote:
yoonzena wrote:Thank you all for the links and info! As someone going through a hard time having to deal with aggressive homophobia and generally oppressive atmosphere, I find it especially inspiring and uplifting to learn that the rest of the world cares and supports us.
Any support that you need - petitions, campaigns - count me in. We forget how lucky we are in this country to have decent freedom of expression & levels of tolerance of all sorts & conditions of humans, & it's so sad to hear of people still suffering unnecessarily for their essential nature.
What Rheidol said.... count me in. :thumbsup:
Lori

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:00 am

aresnz wrote:
aresnz wrote:Missed morning / afternoon interviews..hope to hear/see them at some point.

This video is a must for everyone to see. #illegaltobeyou

:thumbsup: to Kaleidoscope Trust and John Barrowman... :thumbsup:

Love all the pics too. :D
BTW...did anyone see John on BBC news?? I missed it. Is there a chance it's on iPlayer?
Do you mean the BBC News channel or the news at BBC 1? If it is BBC 1 I amy be able to find it.

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:02 am

It's so sad the Eastern Europe and especially Russia and some other former Sowjet Union countries seem to mave backward instead of forward thoise days. As the toehrs said, if there is anything we can help, count me in.

Sally

Post by Sally » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:02 pm

rheidol wrote:Appreciation of his hard work:

Brilliant! He did a wonderful job of highlighting both the charity and the issues. He's such an amazing role model. The world needs more like him.

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:55 pm

The Channel 5 News interview is now on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxdO1-Hh ... e=youtu.be

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 pm

And I think we can safely say that the video is getting around very well:

http://news.pinkpaper.com/NewsStory/754 ... views.aspx

:thumbsup: