DVD Signings.

because he's so versatile...
aresnz

Re: DVD Signings.

Post by aresnz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:34 pm

barrowman_angel wrote:the signing was listed as being 1pm-2pm but he got there late about 20 mins late so he stayed for the whole hour he said he would i was there and managed to get my DVD and my concert ticket signed john was really nice he came round so me and my brother could get a pic with him and for all you bum fans out there i managed to squeeze and tap his :bum: so it was the best day of my life yesterday lol here are some pictures also my sister asked him who is your fave strictly couple any one wanna know who it is?

Image Image Image

That must have been from yesterday's signing? Ohhh..you sure did get a bonus with being able to grasp his :bum: Love the pics. John looks fabulous.
Lori

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Sally wrote:
rheidol wrote: Sooo, the Tweet I saw earlier from some person complaining that an hour wasn't enough for those poor people coming from work to queue was from a WUM - what a surprise... :roll:
Sorry, got to ask, what's a WUM?
Sorry, it's bad of me to be acronym-crazy! (LOL :roll: )

Wind Up Merchant. One whose main purpose in writing/saying/posting anything is to get other people's backs up or discredit something/someone rather than being an honestly held opinion/dealing with actual facts.
Much used in some online communities - obviously we're too civilized on here to ever use it! :)
Last edited by rheidol on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kate

Post by kate » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:35 pm

i know many wum from other forums and after dealing with them im glad we dont have them but i bet twiter is riffe with them ,shame some are john fans

mudge

Post by mudge » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 pm

rheidol wrote:
Sally wrote:
rheidol wrote: Sooo, the Tweet I saw earlier from some person complaining that an hour wasn't enough for those poor people coming from work to queue was from a WUM - what a surprise... :roll:

Wind Up Merchant. One whose main purpose in writing/saying/posting anything is to get other people's backs up or discredit something/someone rather than being an honestly held opinion/dealing with actual facts.
Much used in some online communities - obviously we're too civilized on here to ever use it! :)

I noticed that the same person posted another snitty comment today. I wonder if they realise how rude their tweet is :roll: Mind you its not nearly as bad as the tweets that are regularly directed at John by two particularly nasty people who are supposedly fans of Ianto. They are really vicious :x

Nuttalla

Post by Nuttalla » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:47 pm

mudge wrote:
rheidol wrote:
Sally wrote:

I noticed that the same person posted another snitty comment today. I wonder if they realise how rude their tweet is :roll: Mind you its not nearly as bad as the tweets that are regularly directed at John by two particularly nasty people who are supposedly fans of Ianto. They are really vicious :x
Just curious, was this person at both signings or just speaking from hearsay?

We were discussing the Barrowman Bashing by Ianto fans in the queue yesterday. ohhhh it makes me mad!! :x

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Nuttalla wrote:
We were discussing the Barrowman Bashing by Ianto fans in the queue yesterday. ohhhh it makes me mad!! :x
And so say all of us, I'm sure!! Actual fans wouldn't behave in such a manner, but the ones who've jumped on any passing Bandwagon apparently with the sole aim of being rude to people get my goat BIG time!! :x

*Wonders about origin of that phrase...*
*Though they'd be welcome to my Goat, if I had one....*
Last edited by rheidol on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:57 pm

I asssume it was a helluva lot warmer in the Glasgow branch where he was signing today than outside since I've seen reports of a T-shirt.... :shock:

*Puts on several layers to walk home*

EDIT: yep, just saw Iris' Twitpics - very nice blue T-shirt. Gavin was more sensible & had a pullover on.... :p

mudge

Post by mudge » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Nuttalla wrote:
mudge wrote:
rheidol wrote:
Sally wrote:
rheidol wrote:

Just curious, was this person at both signings or just speaking from hearsay?

From their tweet I believe they may have gone to the London signing.

Sally

Post by Sally » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:48 pm

mudge wrote: From their tweet I believe they may have gone to the London signing.
What did they say? Why on earth waste time going to the signing if they don't like John? From everything I've read online, it sounds as though yesterday's signing went really well, no-one was rushed or turned away, so I can't think what they have to moan about!

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:08 pm

I've not seen the tweets in question. Why go to a signing if all you're going to do is complain. Some people like to get others all riled up from their comments. Some do it on purpose just to get a rise out of people. Very childish...

Rheidol thanks for explaining 'wum'. I hadn't a clue what that meant. :lol:

Yes, her pics are wonderful. I loved John's blue T-shirt. Great color on him. The purple pullover on Gavin looked great too. I love the color purple anyway.
Lori