QVC competition to meet JB

because he's so versatile...
Snow

Re: QVC competition to meet JB

Post by Snow » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:51 pm

closing bid is £1300 from someone called Rachel :)

Well done Rachel, whoever you might be :D
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Snow wrote:closing bid is £1300 from someone called Rachel :)

Well done Rachel, whoever you might be :D
Yes, well done Rachel. I was hoping John's bidding would go higher, but this is wonderful.

The auction before JB's had a bidding war and it went for over 3100 pounds.

Still, 1300 pounds for JB is wonderful. :D :clap: :happydance:
Lori

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:53 am

I taped the show but I must admit I don't want to sit through 3 hours of shopping stuff if I can avoid it. Does anyone know if at whcih time John's auction started and if he in any way was seen in person?

As for when John may appear on QVC again. I remember he answered someone on twitter of the question if Scott would accompany him to the concerts that Scott would be at the last one because they would leave for vacation the next day. So I guess it's rather after the vacation

Nuttalla

Post by Nuttalla » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:36 am

I missed the launch of the auction ( I think it was a little before 9pm) I never saw an appearance by him.

They said on the night that he would be on 25th November, that hasn't been officially confirmed by the yahoo news group yet though.

Hope that helps.

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:14 pm

John was never scheduled to make an appearance. His auction for the meet/greet at QVCUK was during the third hour. I believe it went for 1300 GBP. Someone else said the date Nov 25th was mentioned. If that's the case here in the States that's a holiday so I'd be home and can watch on my home computer. Of course we need to wait for official word from JB's camp. :D
Lori

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:52 pm

aresnz wrote:John was never scheduled to make an appearance.
He couldn't. After all he had a concert this evening I think. But I hoped he migth have recorded same appeal to bid on him because it's was for a good cause. or phone in in has stage break. Or something along those lines. Or they would show some footage from his fomer appearance on the channel.

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Lenny wrote:
aresnz wrote:John was never scheduled to make an appearance.
He couldn't. After all he had a concert this evening I think. But I hoped he migth have recorded same appeal to bid on him because it's was for a good cause. or phone in in has stage break. Or something along those lines. Or they would show some footage from his fomer appearance on the channel.
They did show some footage from his prior appearances on the show. This occurred when they were first talking about the bidding to win his meet/greet. Who knows when this was decided too. May have be been after a time John just didn't have a chance to do anything prerecorded. Doesn't matter to me. It was for a great cause and his auction had a good winning bid. That's the bottom line. :D
Lori

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:00 pm

aresnz wrote:It was for a great cause and his auction had a good winning bid. That's the bottom line. :D
And a much more attractive "buy" then the jewelry or whatever else they offered. If I would have been in the UK I would probably have bid as well. My mother likes to shop at QVC for bedclothes and other household stuff. But somehow they seldom met my taste in the stuff they are selling. They should "sell" more John (the real one of course). :)