QVC competition to meet JB

because he's so versatile...
rheidol

QVC competition to meet JB

Post by rheidol » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:19 am

This looks pretty definite, but with no date I thought it belonged in Rumours - looks like JB's got another QVC gig, probably to flog the DVD - and there's a competition....

link to competition

edit: thread moved and title changed - Snow

kate

Re: Back to QVC?

Post by kate » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 am

guess it be the week the dvd out :D

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:28 am

Let's see the maths - finish tour Tues - fortnight in sun starting probably the day after - yep, he could be there the Thurs or Fri after release on the Tues if they stick to the 16th (which Amazon is quoting).

Unless, of course, he has a day off somewhere!! :D

kate

Post by kate » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:58 am

yup,i would ve thought john(or gavin ) planned his holiday around the dvd promotion ,it was obv he was going to do something to promote it since he promotes everything

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:23 pm

John did say he's going on hoiday a day or two after the tour ends. So this stint maybe right before he lives or right when he returns. When he does Panto he goes into Panto mode and shuts down for that as well. I'd love to bid on this but I'll let other do the bidding. I wouldn't be surprised if John's is the highest bidding there. Of course I'm partial. :D
Lori

Snow

Re: QVC competition to meet JB

Post by Snow » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:41 pm

the competition's been confirmed so i've bumped the thread to latest news. :)

If you win the auction you will "Enjoy a live performance from actor/singer John Barrowman. You will be invited to watch John live on-air at our QVC studios, meet him afterwards and receive a bag of Barrowman goodies." :)

anyone know where their studios are? the site says Knowelsley Birmingham but i'm not sure it that's just the dispatch centre.

*also wonders what'll be in the bag of goodies* :thumbsup:
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Snow wrote:the competition's been confirmed so i've bumped the thread to latest news. :)

If you win the auction you will "Enjoy a live performance from actor/singer John Barrowman. You will be invited to watch John live on-air at our QVC studios, meet him afterwards and receive a bag of Barrowman goodies." :)

anyone know where their studios are? the site says Knowelsley Birmingham but i'm not sure it that's just the dispatch centre.

*also wonders what'll be in the bag of goodies* :thumbsup:

So I guess this will all take place at the QVC studios. That would be so cool to win this. Must remember the money goes towards a very good cause. :thumbsup:

QVC-US is having the shoes on sale for Breast Cancer this Friday. They do this every year. It takes place in New York but the QVC Studios show all the shoes. They're all name brands and at half price. That happens this Friday.
Lori

mudge

Post by mudge » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 pm

I wont be able to afford to bid on John but I am certainly looking forward to him appearing again on QVC. He is a lot of fun when he is on. I wonder how many copies of the dvd he will be able to shift :lol:

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

mudge wrote:... I am certainly looking forward to him appearing again on QVC. He is a lot of fun when he is on. I wonder how many copies of the dvd he will be able to shift :lol:
He is indeed!! If past performances are anything to go by, I'm guessing he'll sell a LOT of copies... :D

Snow

Post by Snow » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:13 pm

mudge wrote:I wont be able to afford to bid on John
just tuned into this and they just said that the JB auction has a top bid of £750 so far :eek: :D
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness