JB hosts the West End Bares event.

because he's so versatile...
mudge

Re: JB hosts the West End Bares event.

Post by mudge » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Hmm I wonder whats going on at West End Bares (what I really wonder is what is coming off at West End Bares ;) :oops: :D )

Snow

Post by Snow » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:22 pm

mudge wrote:Hmm I wonder whats going on at West End Bares (what I really wonder is what is coming off at West End Bares ;) :oops: :D )
hehe, all of us not able to attend are most likely thinking the same thing! ;)

i wish i could stay and see if anyone tweets or posts about but i got work tomorrow :roll: , suppose i better get some kip instead... *sigh*
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:08 am

Already a report on GB board and a few pics. :mrgreen: All I can say is my mind has already gone to the gutter with a huge smile on my face.
Lori

kate

Post by kate » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:38 am

i love john spanking adam :shock:

Academia4me

Post by Academia4me » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Well, WEB was a fabulous night as I’d hoped! I was lucky enough to go to both shows and have had about two hours sleep! But it was worth it.

Over on Gallifrey Base Ktb has posted some wonderful photos. I didn’t get any – apart from the fact I didn’t think we’d be allowed to take any so didn’t bring my camera, my camera can’t cope with taking photos in the dark anyway! Plus, I wanted all my attention on the show. So, go over and look at those photos because they’re fab – I’m sure others will pop up too.

For the first show I was in prime position, to see the stage but also to see Scott ;) He was sitting with Gavin, Stuart and friends in the VVIP section, and very lovely he looked too, as always. He was dressed casually (chinos and polo shirt :D ).

John came out at the start of each show with bare legs, white stilettos, a t-shirt saying ‘I love London’, some Aussie Bum pants and a miniscule union Jack sarong :D If you were the right side of the stage (which I was), you could see what was underneath the sarong, as the knot was tied very high ;) He looked great – fresh faced and toned (something I found out first hand later…). He then changed into his silver suit for the rest of the show, the one from the Lottery awards.

The first show was the best in my opinion, although the second was good too. The same basic stuff happened in each show (acts stripping to music, utilising the theme of ‘John Barrowman’s travels through the UK’ – so, one act was royalty based, another on cricket, another on drinking tea :D ), although for the final show the finale couldn’t take place (a man wearing union jack body paint doing aerobatic things handing from a rope) because the rope got stuck!

There were various celebs chipping in throughout, including Louis Spence, Jason Gardiner, John Partridge and the wonderful Paul O Grady! Paul tried his best to get JB to get his bits out, telling the audience that everyone knows JB has a big one :D I also saw Duncan from Blue. Plus, of course, there were various famous faces performing on stage, such as the gorgeous and talented Sheridan Smith.

Scott (and Gavin) were only there for the first show, and this made the show even better, because for one of John’s links he went up to the balcony where Scott was standing and said that he loved Britain because he met his husband here (he actually used the word ‘husband’ which I haven’t heard him use before). They then had a little kiss :P They really do seem very happy together. John also made a reference to an impressive piece of Scott’s anatomy, to which Scott had a little smirk :D

John took a fancy to one of the dancers and pointed him out to Scott :D Funnily enough the dancer looked exactly like Scott (although a younger version) – seems JB has a type and he’s sticking to it! John put some MAD money (the notes we were all handed to ‘give’ to the dancers at the end of the show) in this dancer’s underwear, and Scott handed down some more money so John could do it again :D

At the end of both shows we had the chance to put the MAD money in the underwear of all the dancers and surprise surprise John joined in! I had the privilege (if that’s the right word!) of sticking some notes in John’s trousers – as I said, first hand knowledge of JB’s toned figure!

I waited at the stage door (thought I might as well considering it was nearly 2am – hardly worth worrying about sleep at this point) and John came out a little while later in jeans and t-shirt, said hello and then walked off to where I presume his car was.

So, all in all a FAB John filled night which raised lots of money for charity!

kate

Post by kate » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:00 pm

thanks for the report ,sounded great fun

Snow

Post by Snow » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:22 pm

thanks for the report, Missy :D

*also loves the youtube vids* :)
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks for the great report Missy. Seems the 1st show was the one to be at since Scott was there. How sweet..they really are a couple who's much in love. Anyway, the show sounds like it was fabulous. If I had decided to go I definitely would have gotten tickets for both shows as well. Ahhh...so the sarong, sitting in the right place...you had a great view. :mrgreen:

Love the YT vids.

Seems there are many sleep deprived people at work today. Just remember, it was for a wonderful cause. :D
Lori

ganamor13

Post by ganamor13 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Love the videos. I so glad the shows were a success and I hope they set a new record in donations.