West End Stars in Conversation

because he's so versatile...
beth8

West End Stars in Conversation

Post by beth8 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted (sorry if it has). Found this video on youtube promoting a new DVD called 'West end stars in conversation', it features John talking about his career and his future plans. It can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvPr2NlIh4k

You can pre-order it from here: http://www.dresscircle.co.uk/9169-Produ ... tion-37751

Looks really intersting and it seems good to see John talking about some stuff that he did before he found Doctor Who fame.
It also features Elaine Paige and Jason Donovan and prob many more :D
'I believe theres a God, I believe that I was created this way for a reason. I don't have that answer right now. I Just know that I have to be the best person that I possibily can be.' - John Barrowman (heaven and earth)

aresnz

Re: West end stars in conversation

Post by aresnz » Sat May 14, 2011 12:43 am

Thank you for this. I went and pre-ordered it..looks really good. Well, it has John Barrowman in it so can't be all bad. :p
Lori

ratqueen

Post by ratqueen » Sat May 14, 2011 12:48 am

Oh what a shame! I was really excited when I first saw this post, until I saw that Neil Sean is connected with it. Still annoyed at spending good money on the badly put together "DR WHO The Lost Interviews" which seemed on the whole to be snatches of passing comments on red carpets, and badly recorded out-takes rather than the "extensive and revealing interviews" that the back of the DVD boasted. In fact there is a photo on the back of the DVD case for "DR WHO The Lost Interviews", which has been taken from the shot of Neil Sean standing with John in the youtube clip. Can't help thinking that this indicates that this video is going to be no better than the Dr Who one and is probably using the same footage.

Snow

Post by Snow » Sat May 14, 2011 3:42 pm

ratqueen wrote:Oh what a shame! I was really excited when I first saw this post,
so was i..
until I saw that Neil Sean is connected with it.
and i had the same reaction too, NOOOOOOOOOOOO not him!!!!! *shudders*
Still annoyed at spending good money on the badly put together "DR WHO The Lost Interviews" which seemed on the whole to be snatches of passing comments on red carpets, and badly recorded out-takes rather than the "extensive and revealing interviews" that the back of the DVD boasted. In fact there is a photo on the back of the DVD case for "DR WHO The Lost Interviews", which has been taken from the shot of Neil Sean standing with John in the youtube clip. Can't help thinking that this indicates that this video is going to be no better than the Dr Who one and is probably using the same footage.
yes, that DVD was unbelievably shoddy.

i hope the West End one is better.

i will however order it from Dress Circle because i know they're threatened with closure because business is bad and profits are way down. i would like them very much to remain open and if buying this DVD from them helps it stay open in any way, i'll do it.
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

tina

Post by tina » Sat May 14, 2011 4:51 pm

I shall be ordering this too. :)

rheidol

Post by rheidol » Sat May 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Snow wrote: i will however order it from Dress Circle because i know they're threatened with closure because business is bad and profits are way down. i would like them very much to remain open and if buying this DVD from them helps it stay open in any way, i'll do it.

Me too, for the same reasons.:)

ratqueen

Post by ratqueen » Sat May 14, 2011 11:28 pm

rheidol wrote:
Snow wrote: i will however order it from Dress Circle because i know they're threatened with closure because business is bad and profits are way down. i would like them very much to remain open and if buying this DVD from them helps it stay open in any way, i'll do it.

Me too, for the same reasons.:)
Oh I'll order stuff from Dress Circle, just not this. The staff there are lovely and helpful, and you can always find something to buy. Just resent putting any money into Neil Sean's pocket.

Academia4me

Post by Academia4me » Sat May 14, 2011 11:33 pm

ratqueen wrote:Just resent putting any money into Neil Sean's pocket.
Me too. No way am I purchasing this! I'll buy something else to help out Dress Circle instead ;)

Snow

Post by Snow » Sun May 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Missy wrote:
ratqueen wrote:Just resent putting any money into Neil Sean's pocket.
Me too. No way am I purchasing this! I'll buy something else to help out Dress Circle instead ;)
now i've slept on it, i think i'll be doing that instead. :)

*browses DCs website* :thumbsup:
"I would wish that people would accept people for who they are, not be judgemental, allow people to live their lives and enjoy themselves and that would be my wish for people." - John Barrowman

"Never doubted him, never will" - Captain Jack Harkness

tina

Post by tina » Sun May 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Never saw the Dr Who Lost Stories but from what I've heard I am reconsidering getting West End Stars Conversations.