West End Stars in Conversation

because he's so versatile...
aresnz

Re: West End Stars in Conversation

Post by aresnz » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:24 pm

I just got the DVD today. Go figure..and I had sent an email to Dresscircle to check on this today. LOL

I do have a region free DVD Blu-Ray player. Expensive but worth it. Now I can play my regular PAL & Pal Blu-Ray dvd's as well.

Basically, they took a regular Blu-Ray player and fixed it with all the codes so you can play all the various vids from other countries. :D As I said, expensive but I'm actually getting two machines in one. Region Free DVD & Region Free Blu--Ray.
Lori

Lenny

Post by Lenny » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:09 am

aresnz wrote:I just got the DVD today. Go figure..and I had sent an email to Dresscircle to check on this today. LOL

I do have a region free DVD Blu-Ray player. Expensive but worth it. Now I can play my regular PAL & Pal Blu-Ray dvd's as well.

Basically, they took a regular Blu-Ray player and fixed it with all the codes so you can play all the various vids from other countries. :D As I said, expensive but I'm actually getting two machines in one. Region Free DVD & Region Free Blu--Ray.
Theoretically most if not all players should be able to play any region. I mean they are not different products, they are just different programmed. So if you know the right codes to change the programming you could do it yourself but of course they aren't telling you them. I don't know about Blu Ray Players but DVD players legally all regions aren't that much expensiv here in Europe. Mine was around 60 Euros via amazon and he even has an usb-connection so I could add an external harddrive or a stick and play from that. I' ever too impatientto wait till seasons are released here, rather buy in the US then. Although those days most things are released quicker here then a couple of years ago. The region codes made sense as it often took months or even years till things swept over the ocean. But today with so many films and shows aired nearly simultanously and therefore also the DVDs released nearly same time I think companies should re-think this policy.

mkillo

Post by mkillo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 am

Lenny wrote:
aresnz wrote:I just got the DVD today. Go figure..and I had sent an email to Dresscircle to check on this today. LOL

Theoretically most if not all players should be able to play any region. I mean they are not different products, they are just different programmed. So if you know the right codes to change the programming you could do it yourself but of course they aren't telling you them. I don't know about Blu Ray Players but DVD players legally all regions aren't that much expensiv here in Europe. Mine was around 60 Euros via amazon and he even has an usb-connection so I could add an external harddrive or a stick and play from that. I' ever too impatientto wait till seasons are released here, rather buy in the US then. Although those days most things are released quicker here then a couple of years ago. The region codes made sense as it often took months or even years till things swept over the ocean. But today with so many films and shows aired nearly simultanously and therefore also the DVDs released nearly same time I think companies should re-think this policy.
There are plenty of cheap multi region DVD players, and combined blu ray/dvd players where only the dvd part is multi region, but I heard that because blu ray players (unlike DVD players) have to have regular firmware (software) upgrades to enable them to play some new discs, its not as easy to get a reliable multi region Blu ray player.

aresnz

Post by aresnz » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:14 pm

I've had this player for a year or so and it's worth it to me. I'm sure as technology evolves, everything comes down in price..per the usual. I was looking online and what I purchased was from my searching. For me though, it was worth it.
Lori

beth8

Post by beth8 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 pm

I just got the DVD today
cool :D how is it?
'I believe theres a God, I believe that I was created this way for a reason. I don't have that answer right now. I Just know that I have to be the best person that I possibily can be.' - John Barrowman (heaven and earth)